- Kansai-Hokuriku Area Pass is valid for unlimited travel in the valid area on the map
- Valid trains are below;
- Non-reserved seats on Bullet Train "SANYO SHINKANSEN" (Shin-Osaka⇔Okayama)
- Non-reserved seats on Bullet Train "HOKURIKU SHINKANSEN" (Kanazawa ⇔ Joetsu-Myoko)
- Non-reserved seats on Express Trains 'HARUKA,THUNDERBIRD,KUROSHIO,KOUNOTORI,SUPER HAKUTO(Kyoto⇔Kamigori) etc.'
- Special Rapid Services, Rapid Services, and Local trains on JR-WEST Conventional lines
* These trains below cannot be used
- Bullet Train "HOKURIKU SHINKANSEN" (Joetsu-Myoko⇔Tokyo)
- Bullet Train "TOKAIDO SHINKANSEN" (Shin-Osaka⇔Tokyo)
- Bullet Train "SANYO SHINKANSEN" (Okayama⇔Hakata)
- Not valid for the IR Ishikawa Railway or the Ainokaze Toyama Railway.
* As a special exception, the pass can be used for the Himi, Johana, or Nanao lines only if the pass-holder does not alight from the IR Ishikawa Railway (Kanazawa⇔Tsubata) or the Ainokaze Toyama Railway (Takaoka⇔Toyama).
Limited express trains can be used on the IR Ishikawa Railway (Kanazawa⇔Tsubata).
If using the Ainokaze Liner rapid service on the Ainokaze Toyama Railway, a separate "liner fare" is required.