Service Trains :
Unlimited rides of ordinary reserved and non-reserved seats on Sanyo Shinkansen (Shin-Osaka－Hakata), Kyushu Shinkansen (Hakata－Kumamoto), limited express trains and local service trains (including Special Rapid and Rapid services) within the service area, Chizu Express Line trains, JR West Miyajima Ferry, West JR Bus (route bus), and Chugoku JR Bus (route bus) services.
* Passes are valid on Nozomi and Mizuho Sanyo Shinkansen only.
* Passes are not valid on Tokaido Shinkansen (toward Tokyo from Shin-Osaka).
* Passes are not valid on Twilight Express MIZUKAZE, Seven Stars in Kyushu and “ARU RESSHA” trains, JR Kyushu Bus, and B&S Miyazaki buses.
* Since the earthquake in April 2016, the Hohi Main Line (areas between Higo-Ozu and Aso) has been suspended.
How to Purchase :
Purchasing Outside Japan
Before entering Japan, obtain an exchange order for a rail pass from a travel agency or other source. After entering Japan, ll out the application form at the designated exchange location, and submit the exchange order and your passport to receive the pass.
Purchasing within Japan
Fill out the application form as necessary at a sales location, and submit the completed application and your passport to receive the pass.
Sanyo–San’in–Northern Kyushu Passes are available to any person holding a passport issued by a country other than Japan and enters Japan with a “short-term stay” resident status.
Eligibility as a short-term resident
• Staying up to 90 days with the intent of tourism, etc.
• Sealing a passport stamp signifying the short-term stay status, provided by Immigration when arriving in Japan.
* People with Japanese nationality, including those with permanent residence abroad, are not eligible for the pass.